Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My Equipment.

  1. My camera is a Nikon D3000, with no upgrade anticipated in the near future,although at times I find it is slow shooting.
  2. My lens kit includes a Nikon 18-55 which I use for scenes and wild flowers; a Nikon 70-300mm, which I did use for wildlife. I thought it was going to be made redundant by my new Sigma 105-500mm, but I missed two otters the other day because they were too close.
  3. In my backpack,I carry my tripod,a camp stool, and a machete to cut out brush. I strap my camera onto my backpack with my two lens in a Lowenpro case, and carry the 150-500 on my shoulder. All wild life is shot handheld. My tripod is for scenes and flora. For safety I carry a cell phone, and a battery personal alarm for protection from larger wildlife. I carry a steel cane as I'm lame, and its a real help on rough trails. I'm going to try a retractable hiking pole in the winter. This is a wilderness area, not a park.I carry water, and some energy food, although in edible berry season I depend on the woods. If Boom is with me he carries some things in his saddlebags. He does not travel with me in summer its too hot and certainly not in hunting season, as he looks too much like a wolf. 
  4. I use the ROM Bird Guide, Birds of Canada, An Eclectic Guide to Trees, and A Field Guide to Reptiles and Amphibians as well as the Web for I.D. as well as numerous "for Dummy Books", and photography books. I belong to www.cambridgeincolour.com for technical help.

No comments:

Post a Comment